The Top 25 Most Popular IB Extended Essay Topic Ideas
An IB extended essay is an important paper in your academic career because it decides many things about your grades. You may be viable for getting a scholarship or a grant based on what you score in this assignment. It is essential for students to keep the details and requirements by their teachers in mind while attempting such papers. If your instructor or professor wants you to follow a specific style and address a particular subject in your paper, then you cannot ignore to do so. In order to score well, you must follow the right directions
The topics for an IB extended essay
The topic of your essay is critical as it decides the scope of your work. You have to narrow down the subject and choose an area that you can easily address. It is often best to pick those topics that you are passionate about. When you are passionate about what you write then you can easily address it in your paper. Your audience can tell by looking at the paper whether you were interested in the subject or not
If you are having a hard time choosing the right topic for your essay, then you should consider the following ideas. These will help you create a strong paper for your IB extended essay
- Visual Arts
- Comics definition debate
- Come into the Garden Mind
- Tennyson's Pessimistic attitude
- The roles of computers in improving the society
- The role of technology in deproving the society
- The Marxist principles and soviet union
- Marxism as an ideology
- The failure in Marxism
- Class difference versus racism
- The Pen's view of the Sword
- The relationship between the soil properties and development of vines
- Yielding of grape vines
- Wine stashing and quality
- The originality in Hamlet and its setting as of today
- The interaction between repulsive forces and current
- The night of the long knives, could it be avoided
- The conspiracy of bomb plantation against Hitler
- The movie Valkyrie and its relation to the truth
- Symbolism in Victorian literature
- Language barriers for students in overseas universities
- Comparative study between the history of India and Pakistan
- Are historians biased? How can one tell the true history of a person or nation
- The case for and against abortion in different countries
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) online curriculum centre (OCC), a key resource for educators at IB World Schools, includes several examples of extended essay titles.
These highlight the diverse range of topics covered by International Baccalaureate® (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) students during their extended essays.
Some examples are:
- “An analysis of costume as a source for understanding the inner life of the character”
- “A study of malnourished children in Indonesia and the extent of their recovery after a period of supervised improved nutrition.”
- “Doing versus being: language and reality in the Mimamsa school of Indian philosophy.”
- “The effects of sugar-free chewing gum on the pH of saliva in the mouth after a meal.”
- “To what extent has the fall in the exchange rate of the US dollar affected the tourist industry in Carmel, California?”
- “What level of data compression in music files is acceptable to the human ear?”
Also available in the OCC, the Handbook of Procedures for the Diploma Programme has guidance on choosing a subject for the extended essay.
The OCC is only available to existing IB World Schools.
You can also purchase examples of essays in the IB Store. These essays fulfil the requirements for an ‘A’ grade in the extended essay.
If your school is not one already, learn how to become an IB World School in order to implement the DP.